1/3/14

Hanoi part 2


Where should I begin? This is my first time in Asia and everything is so different it's hard to know where to start. We're having very full days. Yesterday we spent part of the morning visiting the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. It, of course, is one of the famous landmarks in the city. In the mausoleum we were able to see the preserved body of  "Uncle Ho " .Then we traveled to the Temple of Literature and walked through the old quarter of Hanoi. The food has been plentiful and very good. Lots of fresh vegetables and little meat. If I ate this way at home, especially with chopsticks (which I'm not very good at), I would not have a weight issue.

Here are some photos from our day

The Presidential Palace


Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum

Temple of Literatue

There's not much left of the Hanoi Hilton.  Here are some photos.
Entrance to the infamous "Hanoi Hilton"

Flight suit of a downed U.S.,pilot

Cot of a U.S. prisoner of war












No comments:

Post a Comment