6/17/16

Greetings from Emerald Isle

A very cool bridge in the shape of a harp 

This is our second full day in Dublin.  The weather is cool (50's) and overcast.  We did a full-day tour yesterday of some of the Neolithic and Norman ruins outside of Dublin.  Last night we ate in O'Neill's Pub and Restaurant.  It's been interesting to hear classic American music in most of the pubs on this trip.

An apartment building 




Today we've been exploring a bit of the city center.  Dublin is a busy city of about 1 million people.

At our lunch today, we met an adorable 71 year old gentleman named Leo who told us about his favorite sites in Dublin and quite a lot about his fascinating life as a working class husband and father.  His twinkling blue eyes reminded me of my dad whose father was an Irish Catholic.  He told me I could say I'd met my first leprechaun!




No comments:

Post a Comment